Avistado por ahí, un homenaje del Lindbergh.

Sé que ese reloj tiene sus incondicionales. Visto en la bahía, un homenaje a cargo de Orient, Swiss Made, NOS y con un precio para todos los bolsillos.

http://www.ebay.es/itm/New-old-stock-37mm-ORIENT-XERNUS-vintage-quartz-watch-NOS-working-perfect-/122469857911

[size=4][FONT=Arial]https://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/DhOI,TuNEUJAjj/13734341.0/700/p/IMG_9558.jpg[/size][/FONT]

… sabéis para que son las escalas de 15 y la de 180 ?

In order to be able to determine the exact location, it is necessary to use some of the other instruments as well, and the most important of those are sextant and the Astronomic almanac that includes a table of orbital placements and the rotational orientation of the celestial bodies.

Longitude Calculation with the Use of the Difference of the Hour Angles

The starting point of successful navigation is the calculation of the latitude. This can be performed with the use of sextant that measures the height of the North Star, and then utilizes a scale to convert this measure into the present latitude. This leads to the process of calculating longitude by figuring out the difference between the hour angle of the Greenwich meridian and the one on the current location.

The next step in the process of determining the hour angle of the Greenwich is adjusting the reference mark on the bezel of the Longines watch that bears Charles Lindbergh’s name. The bezel should be rotated in order to take account for the equation of time, and this is done with the help of the information from the Astronomical almanac. Furthermore, it is necessary to set the watch to GMT time, which is executed with a turn of the crown to the right position. When this is done, the wearer can calculate the hour angle by adding the number of degrees on the scales shown by hour, minute and second hands. Subsequently, the wearer should return the bezel to the neutral position, and then calculate the solar time (solar time represents the hour angle of the Sun, and can be calculated by a sextant and the almanac, or with a sundial) at the location. This can be done with the use of sextant, an almanac and latitude (or with a sundial) and then the wearer should set the watch to that time. The final step in the complex procedure is to figure out the difference between two hour angles, and voila, you got your current longitude. It is also very important to note that the timepiece also utilizes radio time signals to adjust the seconds hand to the correct position.

http://www.watchalyzer.com/longines-watches/heritage-collection/longines-heritage-collection-the-lindbergh-hour-angle-watches/

Fue diseñado y encargado por Lindberg para el cálculo de los grados en el viaje del Espiritu de San Luis junto con el paralelo por el que volaría …
Gracias por el apunte … es muy bonito, la verdad !!!

… gracias por las explicaciones.
había que echarle webos meterse en ese
cascarón a cruzar el atlántico y encima
con esos métodos de orientación.
el reloj, sinceramente, no me parece muy
agraciado estéticamente :frowning:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
p.d. me recordó la canción de ilegales ‘el piloto’ :slight_smile:

Supongo que en algún momento de la vida me gustara el dorado, pero hoy por hoy no me gusta nada en ningún reloj.

Este diseño no me gusta, pero he entrado con el link y he visto muchos relojes interesantes vintageros, interesantes, algun Alpina, algun Eterna…

Qué cachondo… :smiley:

es chulo ese reloj, pero no puedo con el oro

Estuve tentado hace un tiempo con el Longines Lindbergh 38mm, el 47,5mm es una locura, pero claro…reloj que no es apto para el agua tampoco lo es para mí.

Los números romanos y el bisel dorado me paran… el resto de la esfera me parece preciosa!!